Interested in becoming an Acton Academy Apprentice Guide?
Are you ready to embark on an adventure in education?
If your goal in life is to make the world a better place through education, then this is your chance to join one of the world’s most innovative educational organizations as an elementary school guide.
Do you believe that if given the opportunity, children can be the primary drivers of their learning? That they can be the entrepreneurs of their own education? That on their own, they can identify their life calling and make meaningful progress toward their life goals? Do you believe that Montessori principles provide an excellent foundation for life’s entrepreneurial journey? Do you have the ability to create and nurture a classroom culture where learning is self-directed, enthusiastic, and joyous?
If your answer to all of these is “yes”, we’d love to explore with you how you could join our team of innovators working to launch THRiVE, An Acton Academy. We are looking for aspiring individuals who would like to take on a "Hero’s Journey" to serve Acton Academy’s mission by becoming a part of THRiVE, An Acton Academy right here in Newtown, PA.
This is a position for an independent learner who can work with little direct guidance; someone who likes to collaborate, experiment, evaluate and continually improve; someone who has a deep respect for all children, believing that each human has genius within; and someone who is a flexible problem-solver. It is essential that this person can learn fast, loves to work hard and is an active reader and writer.
The elementary school guide will work in partnership with the team to:
- Affirm students, holding them accountable to their promises and to delivering “the best work they can do” as they discover and pursue a calling on a hero’s journey.
- Create meaningful exhibitions, ceremonies and celebrations that reinforce the rules of engagement and personal and group covenants to provide and strengthen a safe learning community.
- Act as a role model as an independent learner on a hero’s journey.
- Launch and lead Socratic discussions.
- Co-create and launch quests (projects), including daily challenges and curate world-class examples.
- Supply a positive studio environment and set up the studio as an inspiration for learning.
- Encourage young heroes to track their progress and create portfolios to show parents, peers and apprenticeship employers what they can do.
- Uphold promises to students and parents.
- Pass along each of these responsibilities to students as quickly as possible, so as to allow students to lead themselves.
- Track applicable records for the PA Dept. of Ed requirements (i.e. academic records, portfolios of student work, medical records, attendance records, test scores).
This is going to be a 3-month exploration before firming into a permanent position. THRiVE, An Acton Academy is forming in Newtown, PA and is a part of the Acton Academy Network of schools, with 200+ locations around the world.
Pay and Benefits
Pay is commensurable to performance and experience. Learn from the best practices of a learner-driven community from campuses around the world.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Step 1: take the short quiz below.
Step 2: Please send your Resume and a Cover Letter that explains why this position is of interest to you and what you can bring to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org